Bay Shore NY Cosmetic Dentist with the Top Five
One of the most commonly complained about issues your Bay Shore NY cosmetic dentist hears about daily is chronic halitosis, also known as bad breath. Millions struggle with bad breath every day and although their condition may brought on by a number of factors- there are some ways you can stop its pungent power right in its tracks.
To benefit all of our patients alike, today we have rounded up some information to create a helpful list of the Top 5 Ways to Battle Bad Breath:
5) Quit Your Vice: Tobacco and alcohol cannot only have their own distinct scent, but can dry out your mouth, which may result in an unpleasant odor that can persevere even through the usage of mints or gum.
4) Change Your Diet: Add some fresh vegetables or fruits between meals to help keep saliva production flowing and to deliver a naturally sweet scent to your taste buds. By filling up on these, you can also be fighting the odor that may emit from your digestive track, due to the acids churning in an empty stomach.
3) Hydrate Properly: You should be drinking at least six to eight, (8) ounce cups of water per day to stay properly hydrated. Water helps wash away and food particles that can become lodged between teeth, that can eventually start to decay and cause foul odors.
2) Keep an At-Home Regimen: Brush your teeth twice daily…floss once daily…and even add an anti-bacterial mouthwash and scrape your tongue to help freshen your breath and maintain proper oral health.
1) Visit Your Bay Shore NY cosmetic dentist: Twice yearly visits to our office are the minimum number we recommend for cleanings and exams. No matter how hard you try, you may not always be able to get that “hard to reach” area plaque and bacteria, where we have the tools and expertise to do so.
By following these above tips- you will definitely be more likely to have a breath of fresh air coming from your mouth than ever before.
To schedule an appointment in our Bay Shore NY dental office, call us today at (631) 665-8484.