If you suffer from snoring or sleep apnea, you know how tough it is to get a full night of sleep. Many people are unsure of how they can get some relief from these problems. One way is by seeing your family dentist. Your family dentist can help you with these disorders so you should book an appointment today to see just how they can!
The Two go Hand in Hand
The first step is to determine which of these disorders you suffer from. It is pretty clear to determine this. For the most part, if you snore, you may also suffer from sleep apnea. There are other problems that you may have if you snore or have sleep apnea. They may be one of the following:
• Choking or gasping for air in your sleep
• Feeling tired all day long or having the feeling of not getting enough sleep
• Headaches in the morning
• Horrible mood swings
• Having trouble paying attention
• Decreased libido and sex drive
Your dentist will look at all of your symptoms and they will develop a plan to help to solve your sleeping issues.
How To Use Dental Procedures
Your dentist has several techniques and devices that can help to treat your snoring or sleep apnea. Here are a few options that they can make available to you to bring you some relief:
• Mandibular Advancement Device: This looks like a mouth guard and helps to move your lower jaw further down and forward. This helps to keep the airways open which helps to prevent snoring.
• Tongue Retaining Device: This looks like a splint and is used to help keep your tongue in the right spot so your airways can remain open. Once it is installed, it does have to be adjusted to make sure that it is helping your sleeping problem.
If you are having these sleeping issues, it is important to seek help. Your Bay Shore, NY general dentist may be able to give you the right advice to help. They have plenty of ways that they can help and soon you will be sleeping better in no time at all!